Edinburg By The Numbers
Edinburg’s ideal location in South Texas, paired with its robust infrastructure, skilled workforce and low costs, makes it the perfect choice for your business.
Home to more than 100,000 residents, Edinburg is more than just a wonderful place to live – it’s also an ideal place for employers to locate and grow their businesses. In Edinburg, we celebrate diversity, from our residents to our key industries. Our multicultural, multilingual workforce is ready to support your business, whether you’re just getting started or looking to expand.
City in RGV
Nine Years Younger Than U.S. (38.5)
Fastest Growing City in RGV and 12th Fastest* in U.S.
population age 25+ has postsecondary degree
25% lower than Texas ($25.13/hr)
Cost of Living
#1 Lowest Student Debt in Texas at UTRGV
- County seat of Hidalgo County
- 32,000 students at UTRGV, one of the largest Hispanic Serving Institutions in U.S.
- Home to the only medical school south of San Antonio
- 580-acre, user-fee airport, as designated by the U.S. Customs Service
- Foreign Trade Zone
- Opportunity Zone
- Largest school district in Hidalgo County
- 15 miles of interstate in the city limits
Need other data or a customized market report? Please contact the EDC staff.